Friday, December 19, 2008

High Frequency GRE/GMAT Wordlist

Its obviously difficult to cram over 5000 words, especially if you are not from an English speaking country. Usually, words play an important part in your verbal section as it will definitely help you in antonyms and analogy and some times these words do appear in sentence completion and reading comprehension. But the trick is that you don't need to learn all those words. Test makers, like ETS, generally favors some words more than others and these words are what we call high frequency word list.


I had a lot of vocabulary stuff with me when I was preparing for my GRE test, which I would like to share with all test takers. You would love to have high frequency word list. You can download this list from here


These are just over 1000 words and about 20 pages in all; an average of 50-60 words per page. I hope this will definitely help you. Take prints of this word document and try to practice them as much as possible. You will definitely find some of them on you actual test. Also, don't forget to download the GRE dictionary I have posted in my previous post.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very informative and gracefully. Your guideline is very good. Thank you GMAT coaching | Training for GMAT | Sandeep Gupta | Top One Percent Gmat